3 December 2015
Join conference: Plant Biotech Denmark 2016
Plant Biotech Denmark
The annual PBD Meeting takes place 2-3rd February 2016 at KU SCIENCE, Frederiksberg Campus. Key notes speakers will be presenting alongside talks selected on the basis of abstract (submit yours). Also available are a Masterclass and a PhD Course running in parallel with the meeting.
The program ill continuously be updated at the PBD homepage .
Each session will be initiated by international keynote speakers and followed by scientists from PBD member institutions. The presentations will be selected based on the submitted abstracts. In addition, the steering committee will select abstracts for “elevator talks”. PhD students and Postdocs are encouraged to aim for oral presentations of their work.
Sessions on 2 February 2016:
· Session 1: “Plants for Food and Feed”/ “Plant Products”. Keynote speaker will cover “Plants for Food and Feed”. PBD speakers will be selected based on submitted abstracts
· Session 2: “Plant Signalling and Cellular Trafficking”/”Synthetic and Systems Biology”. Keynote speaker will cover Plant Signalling and Cellular Trafficking. PBD speakers will be selected based on submitted abstracts
· Session 3: “Breeding – Quality, Productivity, Diseases and Stress”/”Biomass Production and Processing”/. Keynote speaker will cover “Breeding-Quality, Productivity, Diseases and Stress”. PBD speakers will be selected based on submitted abstracts
· Session 4: Poster session ( Both “elevator talks” and poster board meetings)
Sessions on 3 February 2016:
· Session 5: Cross Talks in Plants (invited speakers)
· Session 6: Technologies (invited speakers)
PhD students and master students are invited for a master class which will take place Wednesday afternoon when the annual meeting is finalized. Master class concept: Students will have the opportunity to give a 10 minute presentation of their own project and get feedback from some of the key note speakers. Sign up for the master class.
PhD course: Trends in Plant Biotechnology (2 ECTS) – running in parallel with the Annual Meeting
The PhD course "Trends in Plant Biotechnology" is as usual provided in combination with the annual meeting. Deadline for course registration is Friday, 22 January 2016. A list of literature for the course will be available at the PBD homepage before the annual meeting. Please be sure to register both for Annual PBD Meeting and for the PhD course.
Registration and deadlines
Deadline for registration for attending the meeting is Friday, 22 January 2016.
Please register through the PBD homepage.
NB! Please, do not register for the dinner unless you are sure that you will attend. The dinner is expensive and if you sign up and stay away you waste PBD money. If you regret that you did not register for dinner you can always contact us later on.
Abstract submission and selection for oral presentation
Deadline for abstract submission is Thursday, 17 December 2015.
Especially PhD students and postdocs are encouraged to present their work and to aim for oral presentations. The abstracts should be registered through the PBD homepage.
All abstracts submitters should bring a poster for the meeting. If wanted the abstracts will be enrolled in an abstract selection process and selected abstracts will be invited to give a 20 minute presentation at the annual meeting. You will be informed in due time if your abstract has been selected for oral presentation.