iGEM: The World Championship in Synthetic Biology for students!
You can now apply to become part of the 2020 iGEM team at University of Copenhagen
Upcoming information meetings:
- Frederiksberg Campus: Tuesday December 17 from 17-19 at Department of Plant and Environmetal Sciences, Room H117-3, Thorvaldsensvej 40, 1871 Frederiksberg
- Nørre Campus, BioCenter: Wednesday January 8 from 17-19 pm at Biocenteret University of Copenhagen, Ole Maaløes vej 5, 2200 Copenhagen N, Room: 4-0-10
Deadline for application: FEBRUARY 15, 2020 - OBS EXTENDED DEADLINE!
The World Championship in Synthethic Biology for students is a prestigious competition with participation from all major universities in the world. It is the experience of a lifetime.
Being part of iGEM is like stepping into the shoes of your future as a scientist or as an bioscience-entrepreneur:
- You will be part of planning, developing and executing your own science project that makes a difference in the world
- You will build a global network of peers
- You will learn to interact with foundations and companies to gain funding for your project as well as with media and the general public to gain attention and share your knowledge; also through social media and your own website
- You will gain interdisciplinary collaborative skills, both within your team and across the iGEM community
- And you might even do a business plan for taking your project into the real world.
The best teams bring together a variety of compentences and knowledge. Previous years iGEM teams members came from physics, biotech, business, philosophy, entrepreneurship, communication, medicine, graphic design etc. Are you studying theology, math, languages, history or journalism? You are welcome!
What is iGEM?
iGEM is short for the international Genetically Engineered Machine. The cross-disciplinary world championship in Synthetic Biology for students.
Read more here ...>