iGEM: The World Championship in Synthetic Biology for students!
Apply now and become part of the 2023 iGEM team at the University of Copenhagen! Deadline: 15/12/2022, noon.
Join our Information meeting to learn about this life-changing opportunity, ask questions, and meet previous team members along with the supervisors of the next team!
When: 7/12/2022, 16:15-17.15
Where: Thorvaldsensvej 40, H117-2
iGEM is the World Championship in Synthethic Biology with more than 350 teams from all around the word. Being part of iGEM is like stepping into the shoes of your future as a scientist or as a bioscience-entrepreneur.
Over the next 10 months you will…
- be part of planning, developing and executing your own impactful science project;
- learn how to raise funds and interact with companies to make your dreams come true;
- communicate with the media and the general public to gain attention and share your knowledge
- code your own website and create graphics, videos and presentations;
- learn about project management and gain invaluable interdisciplinary collaborative skills;
- build long-lasting friendships and a global network of peers.
- And you might even do a business plan for taking your project into the real world.
As you can see, iGEM is a lot more than “just science”. The best teams bring together complementary skills, competences and knowledge. For example, our previous team members came from: biotech, business, physics, philosophy, communication, medicine, graphic design etc. Thus, all backgrounds are welcome! Moreover, do not be shy if you just started your BSc. If you are committed, hardworking, enthusiastic, open minded and eager to learn, we have been looking for you!
Do you have more questions? Come to our Information meeting, check our FAQ page or contact Nanna Heinz at email@example.com!
What is iGEM?
iGEM is short for the international Genetically Engineered Machine. The cross-disciplinary world championship in Synthetic Biology for students.
Read more here ...>