Click on an event title below to view more information
- 29th November 2013: PhD Defense by Shivendra Upadhyay: Design of Indium Arsenide nanowire sensors for pH and biological sensing and low temperature transport through p-doped Indium Arsenide nanowires
- 27th-29th November 2013: ERAsynbio meeting in Copenhagen.
- 22nd November 2013: Phd Defense by Signe Mathiasen: Biophysical
characterization of GPCR oligomerization in vitro
- 6th November 2013: PhD fellow and member of the bioSYNergy Research Committee Jakob Wested is giving a talk on his research at the "CIIR Update" event at 3.40 pm. Place: The Cantine, Studiestræde 6, 3rd floor.
- 21st-24th October 2013: Workshop co-organized by associate professor Karen Martinez on the application of amphipols in the study of membrane proteins.
- 10th October 2013: Phd defense: Understanding Function of Transmembrane Proteins by Single-Molecule Experiments on Native-like Environments
- 10th October 2013: Mini-symposium for the research exchanges between the College of Life & Biotechnology at Yonsei University and the PLEN at University of Copenhagen
- 4th October 2013: SEMINAR : Nanowire Arrays for Biological Applications: Perspectives in Nanomedicine
- 19th September 2013: SEMINAR: Understanding the action of antibacterials using neutrons
- 19th-23rd August 2013: Biophysicists and participants in the Center for Synthetic Biology, Jacob Kirkensgaard and Kell Mortensen are among the organizers of the Niels Bohr Institute International PhD School on 'Geometry and topology of liquid crystals and related ordered materials'
- 23rd June-6th July 2013: Summer School: Synthetic Biology in action! National Biotechnology Center CSIC, Madrid, with collaborator of Center for Synthetic Biology Morten Nørholm, among the participants.
- 27th June 2013: Network of Young Synbio Investigators meet Chairman of the Danish Council for Strategic Research Peter Olesen
- 10th -11th June 2013: International Conference on Innovative Sequestration and Biological Production. Opening speech by head of Center, Birger Lindberg Møller.
- 24th May 2013: SEMINAR: "Proton transfer across and along biological membranes" by Prof Peter Brzezinski
- 22nd May 2013: SEMINAR: "Microbial oil production using heterotrophic oleaginous yeasts and renewable feedstocks", by J ong-In Han
- 30th April 2013: Professor Richard Neutze of University of Gothenburg gave a lecture entitled Time-resolved structural studies of membrane proteins at synchrotrons and X-ray free electron lasers: opportunities and challenges.
- 1st April 2013 - 1st May 2013: Abstract round is open for the Benzon Symposium: "Membrane Proteins: Structure, Function and Dynamics", 19th to 22nd of August 2013 at Hotel Skt. Petri, Copenhagen.
- 4th February - 12th April 2013: Center of Synthetic Biology Hosts University of Copenhagen's Inaugural Master's Course in Synthetic Biology
21st March 2013: Symposium on Synbio and Biohacking at Medical Museion
- 14-15th March 2013: Membranes and Membrane Proteins Conference. Organised by Lundbeck Foundation Center for Biomembranes in Nanomedicine
- 7th March 2013: PhD-Defence of Bo Højen Justesen: Towards Structural and Functional Analysis of the Plant Plasma Membrane Proton Pump – A Nanodisc Approach. 13:00 Lecture Hall A1-01.01/Festauditoriet, Building 1-01, Bülowsvej 17,1870 Frederiksberg C
- 7th March 2013: SEMINAR: Cytochrome P450: Nature's Versatile Catalyst. By professor Stephen Sligar, University of Illinois. H117-3, Thorvaldsensvej
- 5-6th March 2013: Center for Synthetic Biology's yearly meeting for 2013 took place on the 5th and 6th of March in exotic surroundings in the Copenhagen Zoo. It was be an excellent opportunity to exchange scientific experiences and ideas across the disciplines present in the center.
- 19th February 2013: SEMINAR: Of Surfaces, Ions, Lipids, and Platelets: Interactions Between Biological Model Systems and Inorganic Oxides by Dr. Ilya Reviakine of the Biosurfaces Unit, CIC biomaGUNE, San Sebastian, Spain.
- 13th February 2013: iGEM competition information meeting. 5pm, BioCenter cantine, Ole Maaløesvej 5. Apply to join the Copenhagen student synthetic biology competition team!
- 24th January 2013: Opening of "Biohacking: Do It Yourself" Exhibition at Medical Museion
- 11th January 2013: SEMINAR: New Techniques for Food Security. By Professor John A. Pickett, Rothamsted Research.
- 20th December 2012: "Structure and Dynamics of the Beta2 Adrenergic Receptor". A lecture by Assistant Professor Søren Rasmussen
- 17th December 2012: KU på kryds og tværs/KU across disciplines. A workshop discussing the possibilities for interdisciplinary research at KU, with participation by Birger Lindberg Møller
- 23rd November - 15th December 2012: Seminar tour: Associate Professor Seong Wook Yang will present six invited talks across Singapore and Korea
- 13th December 2012: Nobel laureate lecture by member of Center for Synthetic Biology's Scientific Advisory Board Professor Brian K. Kobilka on "Structural insights into the dynamic process of GPCR activation"
- 12th December 2012: Cross-network conference 'Viden i Netværk', hosted by WeCollaborate.org with lecture by Birger Lindberg Møller
- 26th-30th November 2012: Cold Spring Harbor Asia Synthetic Biology Conference, Suzhou, China
- 23rd November 2012: SEMINAR: Synthetic biology tools for engineering hydrogen producing algae
- 25th - 27th October 2012: MEETING: "NanoBrain: What is Science". Synbio PIs at Nano-Science Center attended NanoBrain
- 25th October 2012: SEMINAR: "Who is Responsible for the Social Responsibility?" A lecture by PhD fellow Cecilia Glerup
- 25th October 2012:MEETING: Network of Young Synbio Investigators kick-off event - an informal meeting with Nickie Spile, Vice President of Novozymes' research and development department
- 13th October 2012: LECTURE: "Novel biosensors to be used for pharmacological investigation and diagnostics". A lecture by Associate Professor Karen Martinez
- 18th September 2012: Vision of Synthetic Biology shared @ TEDxCopenhagen. "Plant Power: The Ultimate Way to Go Green". A lecture by Birger Lindberg Møller
- 19th September 2012: Young Researcher Cafe - "Synthetic biology - build with nature's own specialized building blocks". A talk by UNIK PhD student Tomas Laursen.
- 31st August 2012: “Plant Cell Walls: Biology, Human Health and Biofuels.” A lecture by Professor Geoffrey B. Fincher, University of Adelaide.
- 28th August 2012: "Plant Cell Walls - an obvious target for synthetic biology." A lecture by Professor Henrik V. Scheller, University of California Berkeley and University of Copenhagen. Senior scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- 11th-12th June 2012: UNIK Synthetic Biology Summer Meeting - exploration of the convergence of disciplines that is synthetic biology.
- 6th June 2012: Synthetic Biology Workshop, Science and Technology Options Assessment, EU Parliament.
- 26th April 2012: Bibi Ziersen will defend her MSc thesis and become Master of Molecular Plant Biology with special focus on synthetic biology.
- 28th March 2012: Maive Rute, Director of the Biotechnologies, Agriculture and Food Directorate in EU, visited Center for Synthetic Biology and Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability.
- 2nd September 2011: Engineering Life - Philosophical and Societal Perspectives on Synthetic Biology. Talk by Sune Holm.
- 29-31st August 2011: A Bio-based Future - Synthetic Biology International Workshop at Berkeley.
16-17th June 2011: UNIK Synthetic Biology Summer Meeting.
4-16th April 2010: UNIK Synthetic Biology Summer Meeting.